I call this Crack Salad because it's addictive.Ingredients
- ½ pound baby spinach, approximately
- 6 each apricots, ripe, diced (see note)
- 10 each dates, approximately, diced. I like medjool.
- 15 each kalamata olives, approximately, diced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoon honey, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon mayonnaise
1. PREP THE SALAD:: Wash and dry the spinach. Set aside.
Chop the dates and olives, tossing the pieces together in a prep bowl to help them keep from sticking together. Set aside.
Dice the apricots. Set aside.
2. MAKE THE DRESSING:: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl or open mouth jar. Use a small whisk to emulsify well. (This can be done up to an hour before serving.)
Taste and adjust the flavor to your liking.
3. To Serve - Assemble the Salad.: Pour the dressing around the rim of a large wooden salad bowl to coat the sides with the dressing. Add the spinach to the bowl and use a pair of long tongs to evenly coat the leaves with the dressing.
Add the dates and olives. Toss.
Add the apricots. You can pause here for a colorful presentation, but toss again before serving.
Have a pepper mill available. Salt is optional, but it likely needs none thanks to the olives.
Source: Recovery Dad
Download this recipe in your choice of format: